From Sun Basket
- 1¼ pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Moroccan spice blend (ras el hanout – sumac – granulated garlic – black pepper)
- 1 or 2 heads baby bok choy
- 2 or 3 red radishes
- ¼ cup roasted cashews
- 1½ ounces shredded carrots
- Sesame dressing (sesame oil – coconut vinegar)
- 1 lime
- Fresh cilantro
1. Roast the chicken wings
- Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt.
In a small sauce pot over medium heat, warm the coconut oil until hot but not smoking.
In a medium bowl, toss the chicken wings with the coconut oil and Moroccan spice blend until evenly coated. On a sheet pan, arrange the chicken wings in a single layer. Roast until the skin is browned and the wings are cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.
While the wings roast, prepare the slaw.
2. Make the slaw
- Trim the root end from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, then into ¼-inch-thick strips.
- Trim the ends from the radishes. Cut them in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Coarsely chop the cashews.
In a large bowl, combine the bok choy, radishes, cashews, and carrots. Add the sesame dressing and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt.
When the wings are almost done, prepare the garnishes.
3. Prep the garnishes
- Cut the lime into wedges.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Chef’s tip Cook the chicken wings on a sheet pan lined with a rack for deliciously crisp, golden brown skins. Line the sheet pan with aluminum foil to make cleanup a breeze.