From Sun Basket
- ½ pound broccoli crowns
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- Two 6-ounce top sirloin steaks
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- Chermoula spice blend (coriander – cumin)
- Sun Basket basil-walnut pesto (basil – walnuts – baby arugula – fresh garlic – olive oil – salt)
Roast the vegetablesHeat the oven to 400ºF and cut the broccoli crowns into long florets
- Cook the steaks – pat the steaks dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper. In a large frying or grill pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning frequently, until well-browned, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare, depending on thickness. Transfer to a plate to rest for 5 minutes.
While the steaks cook and rest, prepare the chermoula and dress the vegetables.
Make the chermoula and finish the vegetables
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Zest and juice the lime.
In a small bowl, stir together the parsley, cilantro, lime zest, 2 teaspoons lime juice, chermoula spice blend, and 1 to 2 tablespoons oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl, toss the roasted vegetables with as much basil-walnut pesto as you like. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
ServeTransfer the steaks and vegetables to individual plates. Top the steaks with the chermoula and serve with any remaining basil-walnut pesto.